Emerald is moving to a new interface on the 30th June, which we think will provide an even better experience for our students and staff.
New features include:
- Clean and uncluttered interface, with new fonts and colours that make it easier to use.
- Persistent search box at the top of the screen (even when you move to different screens).
- Easy to sort results by relevance, date and title
- Type of content (article, case study) clearly displayed at the top of each record so you can quickly scan your results to locate the content you need.
- Filters on the right menu bar to easily sort your results.
- Less information on the results screen. We like the summary and detail button which you can click when more info is needed.
- Your terms highlighted in the results list
From the results screen you can easily find:
- Bibliographic detail of the journal article, citation and keyword links
- Useful content map of article to aid scan-reading. This also helps students understand how a scholarly article is structured.
If you already have set up alerts or other personalised features, don’t worry – these will be migrated over to the new interface.
If you are on campus, you can see the new site here: https://beta.emerald.com/insight
We’d be really interested to know what you think!