One of our key legal databases is having a face-lift, and in this case we like what we see!
There are some good things for students:
- Greater promotion of Topic pages (the new version of Insight) as the way to start a search for content
- More current awareness features (‘commercial awareness’)
- Easier to find help on search terms and connectors
- Easier to set up folders and alerts, and save favourites
- Cases are marked ‘Significant’ and also if they include legal or procedural ‘Guidance’
There are some new good things for staff
- Easier to create links to cases / legislation / journal articles to put into Moodle courses
- Easier to create alerts via Insight pages on topics, so you are emailed when there are new cases or journal articles on your topic.
If you want to know more, there’s a good introductory video here: https://youtu.be/BhGXg7gkK8k
We’ve added the Westlaw – New Platform link to the A-Z list of databases so students and staff can preview it, and will fully swap over from the old Westlaw in July.
Let us know your thoughts!